Thursday, June 24, 2010

Orange you glad...

when you find a really great bargain?  Especially when it was something you were looking for, anyway?  I have no idea why, but last summer I got in my head that I wanted an orange handbag.  I had this great pair of orange Keds that I wore all the time and I just knew that somewhere out there an orange purse had my name on it.  But do you think I could find one?  No - but partly because I wasn't willing to spend a lot of money on such an odd color bag.  I mean, orange is not necessarily one of my favorite shades and I was in cheap mode.  Finally, one day when I was perusing eBay for nothing in particular, I happened to type in Talbots as a search criteria.  I had suddenly remembered how much I loved a pair of shoes I had once bought there and I wondered if there was any Talbot's anything on eBay.  I was rewarded when this lovely woven basket bag with orange leather trim popped up!  It was just the thing - and only $9.00 plus the cost of priority shipping.  When it arrived, it was in perfect, like new condition - well worth the search, the wait and the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment