Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Innovative or tacky?

The Miche Bag with the quick change magnetic cover - is it cute or just a cheap fad of the moment?  I like the overall style of the bag - but the purse base is not leather - and none of the shells are either.  It's quite expensive for what you get - but still, I am drawn to the possibilities of covers for every holiday or season.  No, I'm not buying one, but I've been sorely tempted.  Then my tackiness meter kicks in and I am saved from myself once again.  What do you think of this bag?

2 comments:

  1. Ehhhh....I've seen these from some of the ladies that I network with. I tend to agree with your "fad of the moment" thoughts. They're a little pricey, too.
    On a completely different note...have you seen this website?? http://catalogliving.net It's pretty funny and since I think we have similar senses of humor (real word??) you might get a few good chuckles. A few made me laugh until I had tears in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE don't say they're tacky!!!!....I've been carrying one for a couple of years...I fell in love with the simplicity of only having to change the shell rather than my whole purse. I have to admit, they are a bit pricy and the only reason I could justify what I've spent is that I was able to get my base bag and some shells at a wholesale show. When I've purchased other shells at retail, I'm not a happy camper. The other complaint I have about the bag, is that it takes two hands to pull the zipper to close it, which is not always convenient. Otherwise, I like mine!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete