Saturday, January 19, 2013

A quirky Target find...

on my post-New Year shopping excursion!  Isn't it sort of cute?  It's a metallic blue with acid green piping.  It has black & white polka dot lining with several convenient pockets inside.  And it was half price!  So I got one for Ariela, too.  I think these bags were a part of Target's holiday designer sales blitz - but it didn't look like much of the designer stuff sold because when I was there after January 1, that section of the store was still packed and everything was half price.  They also had these beige canvas Oscar de la Renta bags - but even at fifty percent off, they were still ugly - like those beachy, tourist summer purses you can find here at the souvenir stands.  They are all right in their place, but then, what isn't?  I don't think anyone wants to pay ten times as much for a bag just because Oscar has been paid to slap his name on it.  On the other hand, I was thrilled with my fourteen dollar find.  It's got this funky vibe and it made me smile.  That's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment